Sometimes it is easy to forget, with the rigors of scientific medicine, that sometimes the whole person needs to be treated. With holistic medicine, the health of the patient involves spiritual, lifestyle, nutritional, emotional, mental, social and environmental aspects in addition to the physical. Holistic medicine can be used in a manner that is complementary to medical practices present in modern Western health care. Here are 50 blog resources that can help you learn a little more about holistic medicine:
General Holistic Medicine Blogs
- About.com: Alternative Medicine provides a look at complementary medicine, including holistic practices.
- Alternative Medicine Zone offers overviews of different holistic medicine practices, and focuses on how you can be treated as whole person, rather than just your physical symptoms.
- Holistic Medicine Blog has posts on different types of holistic healing, as well as helpful hints for using holistic practices in your own life.
- Natural Holistic Health Blog gives the reader special hints on how to best use holistic remedies and practice to help improve one’s health.
- Phoenix Holistic Health Center has a blog devoted to helping readers understand the basics of holistic healing and overall health.
- Alternative Medicine — The Blog devotes itself to answering questions about alternative medicine, including holistic healing practices.
- The Times Untion Blog in Albany has a series on holistic health, and how it can aid you in terms of your emotional health as well as your physical health.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
One of the ancient forms of healing is with Traditional Chinese Medicine. The Chinese were adept at treating the whole person, and looking beyond the physical to promote overall health.
- Chinese Herb Blog provides information about herbs commonly used in TCM, and how you can make use of them in holistic healing.
- Chinese Medicine News offers recent findings about the effectiveness of TCM in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. News and information about using Traditional Chinese Medicine in healing.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Discussion focuses on providing a place where you can find modern examples of TCM used for healing. Additionally, the blog addresses different aspects of TCM, from herbs to massage to acupuncture.
- Chinese Medicine Notes has a number of useful posts on using TCM in healing, as well as living a healthy lifestyle. The blog also includes information on specific TCM treatments for different ailments.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine offers a number of different ways in which you can use TCM in your life. Includes news, lifestyle hints and products and services related to TCM.
- TCM Directory features posts on different Traditional Chinese Medicine treatments, as well as myths that you might encounter, and a directory of holistic medicine practitioners. There is a heavy emphasis on acupuncture for this blog.
Another ancient holistic medicine practice is the Indian health care Ayurveda. Ayurveda includes herbal remedies, lifestyle choices and counseling, as well as surgery practices and exercise through yoga.
- AnmolMehta.com offers a blog that focuses mainly on meditation and yoga as ways to promote healing and overall wellness.
- Yoga Blog focuses on yoga as it is used in Ayurvedic medicine, and how it can be used in your own life to ease certain ailments.
- Ayurveda for Daily Life provides information on how you can use ayurveda has a holistic practice in your life every day.
- Ayurveda and Yoga Blog devotes itself to helping you learn how Ayurveda (including regular yoga practice) can help you overcome ailments and improve your health.
- Dr. Eddy Clinic and Ayurveda School offers information on the body, answers to Ayurveda questions and more about this holistic practice.
- AyurvedaDosha.com provides helpful information on home remedies, Ayurveda, and different aspects of holistic healing.
Today, chiropractic medicine often goes beyond spinal manipulation. Many chiropractors are well versed in holistic healing, and can help you with techniques and lifestyle counseling to live in a healthier manner.
- Chiropractic Blogs brings a number of posts from different chiropractic sources to one blog, helping you find some great posts from around the Web.
- Back To Action Chiropractic Blog provides insight into how chiropractic can help you get your entire body properly aligned, as well as how this type of healing can help specific ailments.
- Performance Chiropractic Blog offers news and information on chiropractic, and how it can help in daily life.
- The Chiropractor List Blog has posts on how this holistic healing can address a number of issues in your body. It also provides helpful links that you can use to find a chiropractor in your area.
- Spine Health features a very helpful chiropractic health center that focuses on how chiropractic treatment can be beneficial.
- Dr. Riggs Chiropractic Blog is written by a chiropractor sharing information on treatments, and how chiropractic might be able to help a number of conditions.
The use of herbs for healing is part of a long tradition. Herbalism focuses on the use of herbs to heal specific ailments, as well as using them for everyday purposes that enhance one’s health.
- Hamida the Herbalist offers insight into the ways that herbs can help heal you, and keep you generally healthy.
- The Essential Herbal Blog provides information on using herbs for healing, and for using them as a natural part of a healthy lifestyle.
- Possum Creek Herb Farm Blog has information on the uses of herbs, as well as helpful hints on growing your own herbs for a variety of uses, including medicinal.
- Herbal Reflections shares the thoughts of a medical herbalist hoping to help others heal and live healthy.
- AltNature.com has a number of posts and articles on the uses of herbs, including in holistic medicine, as well as a gallery of pictures and information on growing your own herbs.
- Natural Remedies offers a number of posts on the health and medicinal benefits of a number of herbs, and shares information about herbalism as part of holistic health efforts.
- Medicinal Herbs provides an overview of different herbs used for healing, and how they are properly applied.
Holistic healing practices include those with a focus on nature. Naturopathy believes that there are natural techniques and remedies that can aid in healing. Additionally, naturopathy concentrates on holistic practics said to help general health and wellness.
- Alchemille’s Secret Garden is devoted to teaching others about living a more natural life, and finding healing in natural processes.
- Traditional Naturopath offers information on combining natural processes and remedies found in nature with holistically treating the body’s ailments.
- Discovering Naturopathy follows a student on the journey to becoming certified as a Naturopathic Doctor in Canada.
- New York Naturopathic Blog looks at natural remedies for common afflictions, as well as holistic practices for general health.
- Dr. Tori Hudson, N.D. is written by a Naturopathic Doctor who offers insight into holistic medicine and natural healing.
- Naturopathic Medicine 365 provides insight into how you can take advantage of naturapathic healing.
Homeopathy makes use of special solutions to help heal specific ailments. However, homeopathy is holistic in that the solutions are created to work in harmony with the whole body, as well as the conditions surrounding it.
- Homeopathy and Homeopathic Medicine Blog looks at holistic medicine from a homeopath’s point of view, offering news and information on the uses of homeopathic medicine.
- Homeopathy News Source offers new and information about homeopathy and other holistic medicine practices.
- Homeopathy Works is devoted to showing how homeopathy can be used practically as part of a holistic health regimen.
- Homeopathy, Nature’s Cure offers homeopathic remedies and information on natural cures for ailments.
- The Homeopathic Pregnancy Blog focuses on helping women use homeopathic medicine and other holistic approaches to having their babies.
- The Happy Dog Blog devotes itself to helping dog owners learn to use homeopathy to make their dogs’ lives better. Holistic medicine isn’t just for humans!
Other Blog Posts Related to Holistic Medicine
Even on blogs that are not devoted to alternative and holistic medicine practices, there is good information on treatments and healing. Here is a sampling of other blog posts on the subject of holistic medicine:
- Skin Care Blog offers a book review of Vanity Calamity, a publication about how acupuncture can help you age more gracefully.
- Nutrition Help provides a look at Ayurvedic medicine and its global reach.
- Holistic Online has a look at different techniques used by chiropractors to help manipulate the muskuloskeletal system.
- Esoteric Coffeehouse has a look at the 7 main principles of homeopathy, and how they can be applied in your life.
- The Essentia Blog provides a look at medicinal herbs that can help increase your wellbeing.
- Associated Content offers ways to save money on your holistic medicine treatments.